The Law Library started its operation on the 1st August, 1996 primarily as a reference library. It is opened to law students and others who may have one thing or the other to do with law. Its opening hours are as follows:
Monday – Friday - 8.00am - 11.00pm
Saturday - 8.00am - 3.30pm
Sunday - 9.00am - 3.30pm
It has a collection of approximately 25,000 volumes and over 5,000 periodicals and ICT Facilities.
It is a separate and one storey building very close to the Faculty of Law Building.
It consist of the following sections namely:-
- The Serial Unit - Ground Floor
- The Resource Development Section – Ground Floor
- Reading area – Ground Floor (this is exclusively reserved for law students especially during exams, because they don’t have departmental library).
- The Reserve Section – First Floor
- The General Reading Area – First Floor
- The Resource Processing Unit – First Floor
- The Media (ICT) Section – First Floor.
- The Administrative Unit – First Floor (This consists of the Secretary’s Office and that of the Law Librarian).
- E-Library Unit – First Floor (This is the place earmarked for 50 set of computers).
It has 380 seating capacity
The Library is well equiped with Law Books, Law reforms, periodiacals and other necessary materials relevant for research.